UKGOV SME Brexit Support Fund – Open for applications
The UK Government’s SME Brexit Support Fund is opening for applications later today – please see UKGOV and a new PwC microsite for further info. The Fund is targeted at SMEs who only trade with the EU, and provides grants to support professional advice around customs, excise, import VAT and safety/security declaration requirements.
*This fund is being served on first come first served basis and is being administered by PWC on behalf of the UK Government so please note the quickest entry point for applications is not via the UK Government’s Prepare for Brexit website.
- The SME Brexit Support Fund is now open to applications. https://www.customsintermediarygrant.co.uk/SME-Brexit-Support-Fund.com
About the fund
- The £20m SME Brexit Support Fund supports small and medium sized businesses adjust to new customs, rules of origin, and VAT rules when trading with the EU.
- SMEs who trade only with the EU and are new to importing and exporting processes will be encouraged to apply for grants of up to £2,000 for each trader to pay for practical support including training and professional advice to ensure they can continue trading effectively with the EU.
How it can be accessed and used
- Businesses can use the grant for training on how to complete customs declarations; how to manage customs processes and use customs software and systems; and specific import and export related aspects including VAT, excise and rules of origin.
- Businesses can also use the grant to help get professional advice so your business can meet its customs, excise, import VAT or safety and security declaration requirements.
- Businesses must be established in the UK for at least 12 months before submitting the application, or currently hold Authorised Economic Operator status, and not have previously failed to meet its tax or customs obligations. They must also have no more than 500 employees and no more than £100 million turnover. Businesses must import or export goods between Great Britain and the EU, or moves goods between Great Britain and Northern Ireland; and also either complete (or intend to complete) import or export declarations internally for its own goods or use someone else to complete import or export declarations but requires additional capability internally to effectively import or export.
Deadline for applications
- The fund will be administered by PwC through the pre-existing Customs Grant Scheme.
- Applications will close on 30 June 2021 or earlier if all funding is allocated before this date.